- Click on the printer icon at the location where you wish to print.
- A GoPrint Cloud Print window appears. Click on the web link to print a document or Release Code to resend a previous job.
- Follow prompts to upload documents from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- When prompted, click Ready? and enter a valid email address.
- Click Finish. Make note of your release code (it’s also emailed to you).
- Click Confirm Document, then Send Document.
- The final screen says Your documents are processing and you’ll see when it is completed. Your print job will be waiting at the printer you selected for 24 hours.
Releasing a print job
- At the Print Release Station, click on the email you entered when uploading your document.
- Enter your mobile release code
- Select print job, click Continue
- Insert your student ID when prompted. Click Pay and Print.
The mobile upload website can be accessed from any browser and does not require installing software or print drivers on the device. Common cloud storage sites such as Dropbox, Google Drive and Evernote are already integrated in the upload site for easy document browsing. Additionally, the document release code is only needed the first time a user releases a mobile print job. GoPrint associates user email addresses after the first mobile upload, making the process even faster.
Printing from Open Labs
The cost to print a single sheet is 10 cents per side for black and white and 25 cents per side for color (if available).
* If available, duplex printing uses both sides of the paper for print. In this case, a “page” refers to one side of printed material while a “sheet” refers to the whole piece of paper.
Releasing your print job
Once you have printed a document in any of the labs, you must “release” your document. It is at this point that you must utilize your student ID with value assigned to it. If you need to add value to your student ID for GoPrint printouts, many of the GoPrint labs will have an add-value station adjacent to the release station.
Documents remain in the queue for 24 hours. After this period, any unreleased documents are purged. If there is a problem with the printer or your print job, please report it to the lab tech or IA on duty.
Information about color printing will be added as this service becomes available.